Infant Massage Classes
Cultivate Your Spirit, LLC provides services to empowering individuals for success. We offer Life Balance Coaching, Reiki, Aura & Chakra Imaging, as well as Infant Massage Classes in South Florida.
Infant Massage Classes for Parents & Caregivers
... Because nurturing touch matters!
Even though my kids are older, I remember the sleepless nights when they were newborn. My oldest suffered from constipation and my youngest was a preemie. I wish I had learned the benefits of infant massage back then! The families I have worked with report that their babies sleep better, eliminate gas more easily, have more regular bowel movements, and seem less stressed. They love this bonding time and the associated benefits that many parents observe although the results do vary. If you are a working parent, this is such an amazing way to nourish your spirit and your babies' as well ...
Did you know that the sense of touch is the first sense to form in the womb? Touch begins to develop around 8 weeks gestation. Over many weeks, the baby’s body develops the network of nerves that make up the sense of touch. Even while in the womb, a baby can feel things.
Nurturing touch gives parents and caregivers an opportunity to create loving bonds and secure attachments with their infants. Parent-infant attachment is a critical element in the way a child’s brain organizes itself and influences emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development.
There are documented benefits of infant massage. Some of these benefits may include, but are not limited to:
- Improved sleep pattern
- Enhanced motor development
- Reduced levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
- Increased weight gain for premature infants
- Helps to normalize muscle tone
- Helps alleviate gas and promote elimination
What can you expect from the training?
- A review of the history and benefits of infant massage
- A review of the contraindications of infant massage
- A discussion of behavioral states and cues
- A demonstration of strokes
- Session 1: Legs and feet
- Session 2: Stomach and gas/colic routine
- Session 3: Chest and arms
- Session 4: Face and back
- Only the parents and/or caregivers will massage the infants. As the trainer, I will not provide hands-on massage, but will instead demonstrate the strokes on a doll. Yes, a doll. What good would it do you to watch me massage your newborn if your newborn tends to get colicky at 1:00 AM when I'm sleeping and unavailable? Being hands-on from the get-go will not only help you build confidence in learning and practicing the nurturing routine, but it gives me an opportunity to provide feedback during the session.
- Infants should be at least 2 weeks old. Please be sure to consult your infant’s pediatrician before beginning any infant massage program. This is a must.
- Handouts of the information covered will be provided during each session, so you don't have to worry about memorizing it.